In conjunction with our National Engineers Week program, it is our goal each year to recognize an exemplary engineer and an outstanding project from the Western Pennsylvania region.
To that end, a Special Awards Committee has been established within the ESWP elected Board of Directors and will make selections based upon the criteria as listed below, and included on the nomination forms. Awards will be presented in a ceremony during the ESWP Annual Banquet in February. The attention that these awards will bring will highlight the important contributions engineers make to our society. It is the hope that these awards will represent a meaningful impetus in attracting the best minds to the field and encouraging those in the field to excel at their work.
Nominations can be submitted by any member of ESWP, its affiliated technical societies or member companies. The Committee will seek candidates that exhibit evidence of leadership, innovation, and service to the engineering profession and society.
Nominations Due by January 11, 2019
Criteria for Selection of ESWP Engineer of the Year
- Technical and professional accomplishments
- Contributions to the engineering profession
- Civic and Community affairs
Eligibility for ESWP Engineer of the Year
- Member of ESWP, affiliated technical society or member company
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree from Engineering School or 5 years work experience in a recognized engineering position
- Accomplishments should be within the last 5 years
- No members of the Engineer’s Week Committee are eligible for this award
Criteria for Selection of ESWP Project of the Year
- Technical innovation
- Commercial success
- Benefi t to society
Eligibility for the ESWP Project of the Year
- Company or organization who performed the project should be a member of ESWP, or have members who belong to ESWP, an affiliated technical society, or member company
- Projects may be located anywhere in the world
- Projects should have been completed within the last 5 years
- Engineer’s Week Committee Members whose companies or organizations are nominated may not participate in the selection process
- Three finalists will be selected from the nominations. (The selection committee is encouraged to use a point system for the initial screening for each criteria.) At least 3 committee members must be present for the screening effort.
- The finalist for ESWP Engineer of the Year and ESWP Project of the Year will be determined by a vote of the selection committee members.
- The Selection Committee must form and meet during December, 2018 and will be comprised of at least 3 members of the ESWP Engineers Week Committee. The Selection committee should represent as many different fields of engineering as practical.