International Water Conference®
Spouse / Partner Registration Form
COVID-19 Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver
The Engineers’ Society of Western Pennsylvania (ESWP) and the International Water Conference (IWC) requires all attendees to review, sign, and follow the guidelines detailed in this COVID-19 Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver.
UPDATED OCTOBER 13, 2021
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, the International Water Conference has an updated policy to protect and preserve public health during the 2021 conference. Consequently, individuals attending the 2021 IWC will be required to:
1. Provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- This can be done either in advance (DEADLINE: 5:00 pm ET November 4) by securely uploading an image of vaccination documentation, below or use the IWC File Upload site, or onsite by presenting documentation to an IWC representative for verification.
- Any record of vaccination documentation uploaded in advance is not stored. Once verified, the images are deleted.
- IWC will not have access to your health information.
2. Provide proof they obtained a negative COVID-19 test result within 72-hours of arriving at registration to pick-up their IWC conference credentials. PCR or Rapid Test are acceptable. Test results will be verified onsite only. Please note that the IWC does NOT provide testing services.
Resort Commitment to a Safe Environment
Talking Stick Resort requires face masks in all public access/common areas of the hotel, settings regardless of vaccination status. The CDC also recommends people wear face masks in public, indoor settings to help prevent the spread of coronavirus variants and to help protect each other. In addition, there is currently no smoking inside the property.
At this time, in the areas reserved exclusively for the International Water Conference events, masks are not required for attendees. However, masks are recommended in these conference areas, especially for those who are not fully vaccinated.
Duty of Care
Conference attendees and their guests agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and comply with the following guidelines during participation in this year’s event.
Before Traveling to the Conference:
- Attendees and their guests must follow relevant guidance provided by the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local health authorities.
- Attendees and their guests must adhere to government-issued travel guidance and all applicable restrictions issued by the region to which they will be traveling and the region from which they are traveling.
- Attendees and their guests will be required to sign and submit a pre-event accountability statement affirming the absence of COVID-19 symptoms within one (1) week prior to attending the conference. Persons who cannot or do not affirm the absence of COVID-19 symptoms will not be admitted to the conference venue.
- Attendees and their guests must stay home if they feel ill, actively experience COVID-19 symptoms, or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the 14 days preceding the conference. Impacted attendees should contact the IWC Conference Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel their registration.
On-Site During the Event
- All attendees and their guests shall adhere to the host facility’s guidelines regarding wearing of masks and social distancing. The facility’s current policies and protocols related to COVID-19 can be found at: Talking Stick Resort | A New Day to Play and should be reviewed by all attendees and their guests.
- The conference facility will be arranged to encourage social distancing in accordance with the host facility’s local rules and regulations.
- Hand sanitizer and other hygiene products will be available for attendees use throughout the conference space.
- If an attendee or their guest begins to actively experience COVID-19 symptoms during the conference, he or she must quarantine immediately and notify IWC Conference Management Team at email@example.com.
Personal Accountability Commitment
By registering for and attending the 2021 International Water Conference, you agree to abide by and comply with the guidelines outlined in this document and the requirements of the host facility at the time of the event. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Adhering to all Duty of Care requirements outlined above.
- Engaging in appropriate social distancing and hygiene practices.
- Making appropriate use of safety resources provided on-site.
- Not attending the conference if you are ill, if you are actively experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the 14 days preceding the conference.
- Notifying the IWC Conference Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home from the conference in accordance with current contract tracing advice from federal and state health authorities.
Waiver and Assumption of Risk
Attendee and their guests acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation includes potential exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including, but not limited to COVID-19. While protocols, vaccines and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist.
- The IWC Conference cannot guarantee that all conference attendees, participants, hotel employees and other persons are fully vaccinated against or free from COVID-19 infections.
- Attendee and guests knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
- Attendees and guests agree to release and hold harmless ESWP and IWC in the event that themselves or a family member become ill or suffers complications due to COVID-19 allegedly as a result of the attendee’s participation in this event.