- This event has passed.
September 18, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Please join us to learn the basics of brownfields. A brownfield is a real property whose use or reuse may be complicated by a presence or potential presence of a hazardous substance, pollutant or contaminant. Many former industrial and commercial activities may indeed be brownfields. Pennsylvania’s voluntary cleanup program, known as Act 2, presents a clear path to address brownfields in the commonwealth and bring these properties back to productive use in your community.
In this session you will hear from experts in the field from the following:
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- PA Department of Environmental Protection
- PA Department of Community and Economic Development
- New Jersey Institute of Technology’s Technical Assistance to Brownfield Communities Program (NJIT TAB), as well as,
- a local partner to bring you some real-world examples of projects that have gone through the process.
So, whether you are a seasoned veteran of brownfields or new to the concept, you are invited to acquire the knowledge and contacts to help you navigate through the processes of obtaining funding and understand the procedures of the Act 2 Program.
THE COST: FREE – Register Below
(with an option below to include lunch)