- This event has passed.
ESWP CAWP Event
October 19, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Navigating the Complexities of Utility Projects: 3-Part Series
The Engineers Society of Western Pennsylvania (ESWP), in partnership with CAWP is offering a 3-part series to equip contractors, engineers, and owner agencies with necessary information for working around underground utilities. These seminars are geared towards making each responsible party more knowledgeable on PA ‘dig laws’, how to make informed and safe decisions, and be more efficient in the process. This series is being offered both in-person and virtually. Attendees will earn two Professional Development Hours (PDH) per session.
Part 1: PA One Call Law — Wednesday, Sept 28; 8 am to 10 am Review the state’s Underground Utility Line Protection Act – Act 287 Learn responsibilities of the excavator, designer, facility owner, and project owner What are tickets, dig dates, tolerance zone, New enforcement and fine structure
Part 2: Utility Strikes – Wednesday, Oct 19; 8 am to 10 am
- Utility Damage Investigations – how to gather and document information
- Reporting – how and when to file an alleged violation report and to whom
- PUC Damage Prevention Committee – how to respond to violation report letters
- Demonstrations with utility hit kit in the classroom
Part 3: Complex Projects — Wednesday, Nov 2; 8 am to 10 am
- What is a complex project designation and how can it benefit your project
- How to determine if the project can be classified as complex
- How to place a complex project notification
- Required planning meetings and timeframes
Who should attend: Seminars are geared towards a broad audience of contractors, engineering firms, and owner agencies. Anyone with responsibilities of utilities, either in the field or with office oversight.
Location: CAWP, 800 Cranberry Woods Drive, Suite 110, Cranberry Township, PA 16066 – Option to attend virtual is also available, select during registration.
Presenter: Armando Ferri of Sicavo Consulting is a contractor/consultant, serves on PUC Damage Prevention & CAWP Safety Committees, & Pa One Call Board.
Cost: $25 for an individual session (in person or virtual). Virtual sessions will be presented on Zoom – links will be sent one business day prior.
Register: Below. If you have questions, call Jason Koss at CAWP at (412) 343-8000.