CAWP Construction Safety Training
December 9 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Virtual Trenching & Excavation Hazards in Construction Safety Training (pdf brochure)
AGC of America, supported by a Susan Harwood Federal Training Grant, is pleased to offer four one-day virtual Trenching & Excavation Hazards in Construction safety trainings based on OSHA standards and best practices to answer the need for quality training within the industry.
Why is Training Needed:
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), from 2015 to 2018, there were 103 trenching & excavation-related deaths, an average of 25 per year. Also, OSHA reported that from 2013 to 2017, there were 156 incidents in the construction industry. Moreover, between October 2018 and September 2019, there were 1,499 citations and over $7,000,000 in penalties issued to contractors for failing to meet their compliance obligations under Subpart P (Excavations).
- Injury, Illness, and fatality statistics and frequently cited standards
- Common hazards, protective systems, and utilities protection
- Soil testing and classification
- Review of the agency priority goal and much more…
- December 9th @ 10 AM – 6 PM
- December 10th @ 10 AM – 6 PM
- December 13th @ 10 AM – 6 PM
- December 14th @ 10 AM – 6 PM
Classes will be delivered virtually via Zoom Meetings and attendees will earn a digital certificate and continuing education credits (0.8 IACET CEUs).
Register: Click HERE to access the course; You will be emailed a Zoom meeting link closer to the training date you select.
Cost: Free to all participants