Re-employment Listings & Classifieds
The re-employment program is a FREE service offered by ESWP on an ongoing basis to all members and Affiliated Technical Societies members.
These individuals are eligible to submit a resume and have a one paragraph summary of their qualifications published below. Potential employers should contact ESWP to receive candidates’ full resume.
Resumes will remain on the ESWP re-employment page for 90 days, unless we are instructed to remove it sooner.
Anyone who meets the above qualifications and would like more information should contact ESWP at 412-261-0710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your business is interested in any of the following candidates, please
contact the Engineers’ Society of Western Pennsylvania at 412-261-0710 or email@example.com.
Available resumes will be posted in this section. For more information on an individual resume, please make a request by referencing the resume number by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-261-0710, ext 10.
I want to obtain a challenging position utilizing skills in Civil Engineering in a productive environment, working to be a licensed Professional Engineer. I am an E.I.T. with 3 years experience in civil engineering in roadway and traffic work.
Web site classified employment advertisements are offered as a free service to ESWP Corporate Members. Please provide text file via email to email@example.com. Classified ads should not be more than 200 words. Ads will remain on the web site for 60 days from date of placement. Classified ads for non-members are $150 per insertion.
Adjunct Faculty Position in Business Analytics and Operations
The Business Analytics and Operations Area at the Katz Business School invites applications from interested professionals in Western Pennsylvania for an adjunct faculty position in project management. Currently we anticipate a potential teaching need from time to time in the MBA course: Project Management Fundamentals and Analytics.
Applicants must have a masters or PhD degree from an AACSB-accredited institution and related work experience in project management. A MS or PhD degree in a related area (e.g., MS in Industrial Engineering) is also acceptable. In particular, candidates must have a strong knowledge of the use of analytical methods in project management including optimization, Monte Carlo simulation, and decision analysis. Interested applicants should forward their résumé and a detailed letter of interest to https://www.katz.pitt.edu/facultyhiring/business-analytics-adjunct.php The letter should indicate the relevant expertise in project management, the analytical background and any prior teaching experience.
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis and applicants will be considered for teaching in the fall, spring, or summer terms. For related queries or clarifications, please contact Professor Jennifer Shang, Area Director of Business Analytics and Operations, at SHANG@katz.pitt.edu The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and diversity.
H.F. Lenz Company is growing and has career opportunities available. Please click on the link below to visit our Careers page and learn more about these exciting opportunities:
- Project Engineer – Electrical (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Mechanical/HVAC Designer (Conneaut, OH)
- Electrical Designer (Conneaut, OH)
- Mechanical Design Engineer (Johnstown, PA)
- Civil Engineer (Johnstown, PA)
https://www.hflenz.com/careers/SitePages/Home.aspx (posted 12/4/18)
Transportation Designer / EIT
- Work as a member of a design team in preparation of the following elements of roadway and highway design using local (state, county or city) or AASHTO standards: horizontal and vertical alignment, intersection layout and sight distance determination, interchange layout, roadway drainage, and right-of-way plans
- Work with a team in the preparation of plans, specifications and estimate for projects of various sizes and complexity
- Produce some of the following plans: Roadway Sections, Alignment/Right of Way Plans, Temporary Erosion Control Plans, Site Preparation Plans, Roadway Profiles, Drainage Plans and Profiles, Utility Plans, Paving, Pavement Marking Plans, Signing Plans, and Traffic Control Plans
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering related field
- EIT or ability to obtain
- Microsoft Office Suite; CAD software packages (MicroStation Version 8) and other design packages
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Preference given to local candidates
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Industry: Highway + Road
Employee Status: Regular
Business Class: Highways
Job Specifics: Full-time
Division: Regional Conveyance
Salary: Competitive based upon education, level of certification, and experience
Job Summary: The incumbent is responsible for the design of engineering structures and infrastructure, and manages projects related to capital improvements to the Interceptor System Facilities.
- Supervises the design of civil engineering projects for capital improvements and maintenance to the Authority’s facilities.
- Manages and directs consulting engineers and construction managers in the design and construction of capital improvements to the Interceptor System Facilities.
- Assists in hydraulic/hydrologic analysis of the Interceptor System Facilities.
- Assists Interceptor Systems Department in planning repair, renovations, or replacement of Interceptor System Facilities, structures, and equipment.
- Assists in the preparation of engineering requests for proposals for capital projects.
- Directs drafting and clerical personnel in the preparation of drawings and specifications for engineering projects.
- Assists in the preparation of engineering drawings of design projects for use by contractors.
- Reviews cost estimates of engineering projects prepared by consulting engineers.
- Assists in preparing budgets for engineering projects.
- Prepares reports for use by Authority management and regulatory agencies.
- Performs other job-related duties as needed.
Candidates MUST possess the following education and certifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of an E.I.T. Certification. E. Certification is a plus.
The Ideal Candidate WILL possess:
- Minimum of five (5) years of Civil Engineering experience
- Municipal Sewerage experience is a plus
Interested candidates may email their resumes to: Recruiting@alcosan.org (posted 10/30/18)
Civil/Environmental Engineer – Municipal Engineering Assignment
We are looking for a highly motivated team member to work on a variety of municipal infrastructure projects. Candidates should be a self-starter with a desire to grow professionally and be detailed oriented, quality oriented, and team-focused.
Engineer may serve as a Project Engineer, Sr. Project Engineer or Project Manager on multiple assignments and will work with our technical team, administrative staff and clients to ensure the success of the projects. Projects will include: wastewater, storm water, transportation, parks and recreation and other municipal infrastructure related projects. Work will include planning, permitting, design, and construction phase assignments. Public meeting attendance is required.
Candidates should also: have strong written and verbal communication skills; be able to perform large complex tasks, be able to understand, produce, edit and coordinate project planning reports, calculations, design specifications and drawings; and be skilled in Microsoft Office programs.
Work is completed primarily in the Pittsburgh, PA office with minor travel required to jobsites in Western PA.
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Required Education: Bachelor of Science, Civil or Environmental Engineering
Required Experience: Previous municipal experience is preferred.
Required license or certification: Prefer an E.I.T, or P.E.
Pittsburgh Engineer Magazine Classifieds: (the ESWP’s quarterly publication) are available at$50/column inch. Contact 412-261-0710 for placement information.