PA Brownfields Abstracts Review
- The committee evaluates and rates each abstract on a scale of 1 – 10 (see attached reference sheet), and sends the results to the ESWP staff where the scores are averaged. Averaged scores are used to help guide discussion, but are not the only data to plan the program of the conference.
- Committee members should abstain where they feel there is a conflict of interest or if an abstract was submitted by the Committee member’s company, organization or agency.
- As there are no limits on the number of abstracts that may be submitted from authors representing a particular firm or organization, the committee shall exercise judgment on this issue. In general, the best potential papers should be short-listed bearing in mind that selection of papers from a diverse array of firms and organizations is in the best interest of the Conference.
- Grading forms may be submitted electronically to Taylor Bombalski (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Noon, Friday, November 1, 2019.
- Accepted abstracts are organized into sessions. Session chairs are selected for each session and are usually members of the committee. Session chairs will be helpful in rounding out sessions by inviting presentations where needed.
The Technical Committee will meet in State College, PA in Room 112 of the Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel, on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM.
ABSTRACT GRADING SHEET (excel)