Mock Interview Descriptions
Company Directory: Covestro Desalvo Enterprises, Inc. KORYAK
Michael Baker – Construction Services (pdf) Michael Baker International – Transportation Construction Inspector (pdf)
Covestro (sample of internships)
Summer 2020 – Baytown, TX
Covestro recognizes that science plays an integral part in everyday life and encourages all employees to make a difference through daily contributions to our organization’s mission.
Covestro seeks dynamic individuals ready to help shape the future by confronting new challenges, embracing new experiences and taking on increasing responsibilities. As an Engineering Intern within Covestro, incumbents will be responsible for a wide range of engineering activities to support day to day and ongoing projects. Candidates must be available for a 3-month assignment during the Summer of 2020 (late May to early August).
Related to this position, Covestro offers:
· A global working environment with the opportunity to assist in developing process improvements and creatively solving process-related problems for Covestro’s chemical plants in the U.S
· A focused effort on improving lives through our efforts in assisting in the design of unit operations and work on projects to improve plant reliability, safety, compliance with environmental requirements, and profitability
· A sustainable approach to the impact on the world today and tomorrow by supporting the design or modification of distillation columns, heat exchangers, material balances.
· Complex and interesting work that may include executing capital projects, assisting the units with day-to-day operational and maintenance needs, or using methodologies to eliminate defects or optimize processes.
Additionally, the position offers:
· A career opportunity with responsibilities in various operational areas involving significant team interaction. Typically summer assignments will focus on one of the following functional areas: Process Engineering, Project Engineering, Maintenance/Reliability, Instrument and/or Electrical, Environmental or Safety.
· A chance to contribute to a meaningful mission and demonstrate your potential through of a wide variety of projects.
More specifically related to this position, Covestro seeks an incumbent who possesses knowledge of and abilities to work in Engineering typically acquired by:
· Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program with a major in Engineering & completion of Freshman year (minimum)
· Overall GPA of 3.0 (must be stated on resume).
· An engineering focus in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Civil or related engineering discipline;
· Previous internship or co-op experience is a plus.
We have an exciting mission: to MAKE the world a brighter place. Innovation is in our DNA. We develop technologies and products that benefit society & reduce our impact on the environment. We look towards the future and see opportunities where others see limitations. Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our values.
Successful completion of this internship program may lead to full-time employment or a recurring opportunity based on performance of the candidates and availability of the position.
for Technical Majors (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Polymers, etc))
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
Are you pursuing a technical degree, but you have an interest in applying your technical background within a Marketing or Product Management type of role? If so, please consider this opportunity.
We can provide challenging opportunities to apply your business acumen, your analytical skills, your creativity and your technical knowledge towards product and customer solutions.
The Covestro Commercial Internship program provides first hand exposure to Marketing, Product Management, and Industrial Marketing at one of the world’s largest and most innovative producers of polymers and high-performance plastics.
Throughout the summer internship program at Covestro headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA, you’ll work closely with our highly skilled and experienced commercial and technical professionals in one or more of our businesses: (1) Polyurethanes, (2) Polycarbonates, or (3) Coatings, Adhesives and Specialty Raw Materials. In addition to the work experience, you may have the opportunity to visit a plant and/or warehouse to give you a first-hand look at our day-to-day operations.
You’ll contribute to ongoing projects that will help improve people’s quality of life, getting an intimate look at how Covestro identifies customer needs and keeps the flow of new and established products moving through the marketplace. The internship program will last approximately 12 weeks. We have opportunities in the following areas:
Commercial Operations Marketing Intern
During the internship, you will be responsible for providing support and analysis for one of our Commercial Operations groups. In this role you will focus on supporting projects that help identify customer needs. Examples may include a project that help our customers excel by using Covestro products that go into end-use applications in the automotive, appliance, or construction and electronics industries, just to name a few.
Product Management Intern
As a Product Management Intern within Covestro, the incumbent will be primarily responsible for the support and analysis of products and product planning. This position requires the ability to work across functions within the organization – sales, industrial marketing, product technology, supply chain, manufacturing and controlling. Additionally, the selected individual may interface with colleagues in other regions of the world.
Industrial Marketing Intern
As an Industrial Marketing Intern will support projects to identify customer needs and opportunities and help our customers excel by using Covestro products that go into end-use applications in the automotive, appliance, construction and electronics industries. The incumbent will work under the direction of Sr. Management and will have the opportunity to become actively involved in current and ongoing projects.
Covestro strives to foster a positive, enriching, and productive work environment and provides multiple forms of training and professional development throughout the internship program
WHAT YOU OFFER
o Enrollment in a Bachelor or Master degree program with a focus in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or related STEM degree.
o Completion of Freshman year.
o Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to interact with and establish strong working relationships with diverse individuals.
o Project coordination with the ability to be proactive and identify creative technical solutions.
o Demonstrated PC skills and ability to work within Microsoft Office Programs.
o Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
o Willingness and ability to be placed in any of the aforementioned internship opportunities.
o GPA of 3.0 or higher strongly preferred.
o Prior internship experience strongly preferred.
The internship opportunities at Covestro may lead into reoccurring internship opportunities and/or full time job opportunities based on business needs, evaluation and performance.
DeSalvo Enterprises, Inc.
Project Engineer – Design or Construction
The Project Engineer position is an entry position.
Candidate should be versatile in Office 365.
Candidate should have good interpersonal skills.
The Project Engineer will report to the Project Manager.
The Project Engineer for Design will be required to do some travel to project sites.
The Project Engineer for Construction will be required to be on the construction site.
Software Engineer – Full Time Position
KORYAK is an award-winning high caliber management consulting, information technology consulting and software development firm. With an excellent track record and reputation built over the last 20 years, we are in a growth phase and looking to add Pittsburgh-based Software Engineers to our team of distinguished professionals. We are in need of highly talented and self-motivated Software Engineers who have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and consistently design and develop with structure and efficiency.
If you are a Software Engineer or a Software Developer with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics and have a solid foundation in data structures and algorithms, we are interested in talking to you.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or related degree
- have strong Computer Science Fundamentals (Data Structures, Algorithms, etc.)
- be able to develop and maintain complex web applications on .net and j2ee
- have experience with a variety of databases
- ability to work and communicate well as a team member in a professional and exciting atmosphere
- strive to constantly learn, improve, and explore new technologies
- knowledge of: C/C++, C#, database/SQL
- four years of software engineering experience is a plus
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
About KORYAK Consulting, Inc.
KORYAK enhances the processes and profitability of clients by leveraging innovative technologies.
KORYAK is an award-winning high-caliber Management Consulting, Information Technology Consulting, and Software Engineering firm. We have an excellent track record and reputation in both the public and private sectors and pride ourselves on providing value at each and every encounter. KORYAK is an Equal Opportunity Employer