Guidelines for the 9th Annual IBC Photo Contest
“Bridge Builders and Construction”
- With this topic, we are soliciting photographs that contain images of the bridge builders and the bridges who through their participation are under construction. National and international entries are encouraged. The top ten photos will be featured in Special Magazine Edition for IBC 2019 (with a byline for photographer in the magazine); and we will display the top ten photos at IBC 2019. Please submit photographer’s name, site/bridge name, name of the bridge builder(s) shown in the photo, locale (i.e. include feature crossed), and approximate date of the photograph.
- We will request (on submission form)
- certification from each entrant that there are no apparent safety violations evidenced in the photo and
- a release from all persons appearing in the photo.
- Only digital photographs will be accepted. Photographs must be in JPEG format of at least 1205 x 945 pixels, but no larger than 1600 x 1200 pixels. Both color and black and white photographs are eligible. There is no time limit when the photograph has been or can be taken (exclusive of contest deadline).
- There is no limit to the number of photographic entries; however, submit only one photograph per site/bridge.
- The editorial staff of the IBC Magazine will select the winning entries.
- Deadline is March 22, 2019
Cable supported bridges – suspension or cable stayed, our topic this year, with over 55 photos submitted. Thank you to all who participated.
Below, we are pleased to recognize the “Top 13” photos as selected by our panel of judges, and celebrated in our special IBC 35th Anniversary commemorative calendar (December 2018 thru December 2019). To purchase your copy of this special edition calendar, please click here.
|Top 13||Bridge Name, Location, Photographer|
Zakim Bridge, Boston, MA, Damian Silverstrim
Tower Bridge, London, UK, Todd Thompson
George Washington Bridge, Manhattan, New York City, NY, Chris Kolasa
Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, CA, Santiago Rodriguez
Széchenyi Chain Bridge, Budapest, Chou-Yu Yong
Indian River Inlet Bridge, Sussex County, DE, Seashore State Park, DE, Gene Donaldson
Puente General Carrera (General Carrera Bridge), Chile Chico, Aysén Region, Chile, Chris Kolasa
Arthur Ravenal Bridge, Charleston, SC, John Martell
The Second Wuhu Yangtze River Bridge, Wuhu, Anhui, China, Lianfei Qin
Jökulsárlón lake bridge, Iceland, Todd Thompson
Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, Staten Island, NY, Chris Kolasa
Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge (Q Bridge), New Haven, New Haven County, CT, Damian Silverstrim
Sundial Bridge, Redding, CA, Santiago Rodriguez