Future City Competition
DiscoverE seeks to increase public awareness and appreciation of the engineering profession and technology by emphasizing engineers’ positive contributions to society.
To help students better understand the practical applications of mathematical and scientific principles, the National Engineers Week Committee sponsors the Annual National Engineers Week Future City Competition™.
Want to participate as a judge, mentor, or volunteer? Register Here
Theme: A Waste Free Future – click here
Program Updates Document – click here
Deliverables Due Dates
Project Plan, parts 1 & 2 Due – January 18, 2022
City Essay Due – January 18, 2022
Project Plan, Parts 3 & 4 Due – January 18, 2022
City Model Due – January 18, 2022
- (Slide show ppt with video showing a moving part)
City Presentation Video Due – January 18, 2022
Budget Due – January 18, 2022
Regional Competition Day (all Virtual via Microsoft Teams)
Saturday, January 29, 2022
- Preliminary Round – 9:00 AM
- Teams will receive an email with their scheduled time and Microsoft Teams link prior to the competition. Your educator, 3 students and your mentor if requested, will compete in this Q&A round.
- Finals Round – 1:30 PM
- The top teams will compete starting at 1:30 PM and sessions run every 1/2 hour.
- Winners will be announced after the finals round – 4:00 PM (est.)
- Everyone will be invited to virtually attend the announcement of the winners.
The ESWP is a proud partner of the Future City Competition in the Pittsburgh Region and would like to thank our sponsors listed below.